Here are some random thoughts that I think will make the IPL extremely exciting to watch.
- Saurav Ganguly ordering Ponting from one field position to another will be a sight.
- Same goes for Ganguly and Shoaib Akhtar who have had numerous on field battles but will now turn up for Kolkata and Ganguly will throw the new ball to Akhtar thanking God that he is not the striker this time round.
- When Ganguly throws the ball to Ishant Sharma, Ponting will be relieved that he is on the same team as the kid.
- Shane Warne telling Greame Smith to go out there and rip the bowling apart. Now how 'bout that? Smith and Warnie in the same team colours!
- Dhoni keeping wicket to Murali and Sangakkara doing the same to Lee. That surely is exciting stuff.
- Mohammad Asif sharing the new ball with his Idol Glen McGrath.
I'm sure you guys can think of more stuff. Here's more:
The best opening combinations - ranked in order of ability at the T20 Level:
- Gilchrist & Gibbs
- Sachin & Jayasuriya
- Ganguly & Gayle
- Sehwag & Gambhir
- Hayden & Fleming
- Smith & Langer
The best new ball attacks:
- Lee & Pathan
- Steyn & Bracken
- Asif & McGrath
- Shoaib & Ishant
- Pollock & Malinga
- RP & Vaas
If that has got you excited, see this.
Hard Hitting Pairs that can turn any match upside down in the middle to end overs of an innings:
- Afridi & Symonds
- Micheal Hussey & Oram
- David Hussey & McCullum
- Cameron White & Boucher
Aussies working with the Kiwis, Aussies working with the Proteas, Pakistanis working with Indians, Aussies working with Indians - the IPL throws at tou mindboggling and endless possibilities to watch the most exciting cricket ever.