Round 1 of the ICC World Twenty20 is over; in 12 matches played so far, there have been some extraordinary performances and some strange ones.
Here's a look at the latter.
- Kamran Akmal is the leading wicket keeper in terms of dismissals - 4 - all stumped in the same match against Netherlands.
That is also a record for the number of stumpings in a T20 international. Its never happened in ODIs either. Its happened only thrice before in a test innings. Quite a feat that for Akmal for all cricket matches.
- Tilekaratne Dilshan is the leading run scorer so far - 127 runs. Nothing strange about that, but there is about the man who follows him - Luke Wright! An English Slogger. That just doesn't sound right.
- Sanath Jayasuriya knocked the 2nd highest score of the tournament - 81 - against West Indies. He's almost 40 and the oldest man in the 20-20 World Cup. Who said it was a game for the younger fresher legs?
- Ricky Ponting, Shane Watson, and David Warner are in the list of batsmen with the most ducks. Besides Van Der Merwe, the only others are from Netherlands, Scotland, and Ireland.
- They said it was a batsmen's game this T20, but there are 28 bowlers who have an economy rate below 7.00! The best - 3.87 - belongs to Van Der Merwe aka ROFL whose 8 overs have gone for only 31 runs.
- Brett Lee has the worst figures in an innings for the tournament - 4-0-56-1.
- Pakistan were at the receiving end of the 2nd biggest loss in terms of runs - 48 - when they lost to England. They then inflicted the 2nd biggest loss in terms of runs - 84 - when they beat Netherlands.
That's not strange. That's just Pakistan!