In a way it makes sense that they are not thinking big, and just looking to make it to the next round; but in all seriousness only 1 of them have the chance to get there - either Bangladesh or Ireland.
But they may give you more surprises than you think; I have the reasons why.
- Its twenty20, its anybody's game!
- Bangladesh upset a few in the 2007 20-20 world cup; no reason why they can't do the same here.
- Ireland have a 100% record in T20 internationals.
- Netherlands have Dirk Nannes! You never know what he can do, especially when the men facing are English and Pakistani.
- Scotland have Gavin Hamilton. I'm not sure if that counts for anything, but can't leave the out when I'm talking up the rest.
- The Deshis have shown some damn good fight in the warm ups. Watch out India, watch out Ireland!
- Any team with a Shakib in them cannot be taken lightly!
- Nor can any with an Ashraful, a Tamim Iqbal, and a Mushfiq Ur Rahim.
There will be some major upsets witnessed if any of them besides Bangladesh make it to the Super 8s; and even moreso if any of them get past the Super 8s.
But its 20-20, and one never knows what comes your way - beware of the minnows!