I snoozed off without any cricket for the weekend in Dubai for a few farewell parties and I come back to see England leading by over 300 runs with 8 wickets in hand!
What the hell happened?
To say I was surprised to see the scorecard would be an understatement.
From what I looked at initially, this is what went through my mind:
- Andrew Strauss, another 100, what a year he is having.
- England got only 425 despite the openers putting on almost 200; I'm telling you they need a batsman at 6 and Prior at 7. No Flintoff.
- What were the Aussies doing getting bowled out for 215? Looks like Anderson was swinging it and they also got their first taste of Onions in England.
- I have no idea how Stuart Broad managed 2 wickets; he still went over 4 an over, which is shit!
- Why didn't England enforce the follow on?
- Shocking that the Aussie pacers could not bounce back in the 2nd innings, particularly after what Anderson and Onions did.
- Looks like England is going to wipe out 75 years of misery at Lord's!