- The English create 20-20 cricket to bring the crowds back to domestic games.
- Pakistan, South Africa, and Sri Lanka adopt the game soon after.
- In 2004 England holds a 6 team tournament comprising 20-20 domestic champions from Pakistan, SL, SA, and England.
(This was the first sign of 20-20 becoming something on the lines of the football leagues. All those who have apprehensions on 20-20 taking over cricket, should have realised it back then)
- Allen Stanford sees potential to lift the domestic game in the Windies through 20-20 and launches the Stanford series.
- Subhash Chandra loses out on a TV contract from the BCCI unfairly and in retaliation launches the ICL.
- BCCI in retaliation launches the IPL.
- ECB in order to safeguard its players announce plans for an EPL.
- Allen Stanford provides his support to the EPL.
- On the back of the success of Lahore Badshahs in the ICL, PCB announces the PPL.
- In fear of losing domestic cricketers, retired cricketers, coaches, trainers, assistant coaches to the IPL and the ICL, CA launches the APL.
- South Africa have to do what Australia does and the SAPL is launched.
- New Zealand hop on board the APL and it is revamped as the TTPL.
- Sri Lanka faces a threat from the IPL and PPL and announce the SLPL.
- Bangladesh join forces with the PPL because international stars are unwilling to play in Pakistan or Bangladesh.
- Allen Stanford lends a helping hand to all the cash strapped leagues, i.e. all those except the ICL, IPL, and TTPL.
- The cricket world in 2010 is comprised of various leagues around the globe including the Stanford WIPL, ICL, IPL, Stanford EPL, Stanford PPL, TTPL, Stanford SLPL, and the Stanford SAPL.
- Major bidding wars for the best cricketers result in unprecedented salary packages for the players.
- End of season "The Allen Stanford Grand Championship" involving the champions of the 8 leagues is launched at Lords for a prize money of USD 1 billion.
- ODI cricket has officially become extinct.
- Exchange tours between countries involves only test cricket.
- Allen Stanford acquires the ICC.
- The FTP is developed for the Whatever PLs and the Grand Championship.
Bright? Dull? Frightening? Crazy? Good? Bad? What does the future look like?