My 2-bit take aways from Day 2 of the ICC World Twenty20:
- The boundaries are not THAT long. Its only Luke Wright's bat that can't clear them.
- A 7 over game can be very exciting, especially if a minnow is favorites to win it at the half way stage.
- I love the name 'Navdeep Singh Poonia'! I would like to hear Navjot Sidhu say that.
- Had the Kiwis lost, it would have just been McCullum's IPL nightmares continued. Maybe New Zealand should name someone else vice captain.
- Michael Clarke cannot play T20 cricket.
- Watson & Ponting in the 1st over sealed the game for the Windies - Gayle nailed it!
- It was Andre Fletcher's third T20 international innings and his first 50 at the level - what a match to bring it up in.
He matched Gayle stroke for stroke.
- Gayle's 88 was the 3rd highest score by a captain in T20 internationals. I reckon he's the best bat in the T20 business today.
- Brett Lee's 56 runs in 4 overs were the most an Australia bowler has conceded in a 4-over spell in T20 internationals.
Fortunately for him, they don't top the worst figures list.
- Dhoni continues to bemuse by walking out at number 3 - did the warm ups not make him understand anything?
- Had Yuvi not fired, India would have lost. Dhoni must be thanking him in every possible way you can think of right now.
- Raina is such a waste at 5.
- Shakib continues to impress. He had Rohit twice in two deliveries, but for the damn Deshi keeper.
- Pragyan Ojha picked up a wicket with his very first delivery in T20 internationals. I'm not sure if thats a first but the commentators for some reason missed the feat.
His 4-21 was also the 4th best effort by a bowler on debut in T20Is.
Any doubts then who the best spinner in India is?
It was quite an exciting day today for cricket fans - not one boring moment since the rains went away.
From the moment Ryan Watson smashed O'brien for a boundary, till the very end when Naeem Islam smashed Ishant for 2 sixes before Yuvraj took an awesome catch, his second of the day, I was hooked to the action.
Who said the ICC World Twenty20 would not be exciting? Take that Amrit Mathur!
Tomorrow's a day when the hosts could be kicked out of the competition. Or they could get one of Pakistan's legs in a plane back home.
I can't wait.
And why are the Scottish playing 2 games in 2 days? Were they in England only for the Weekend? Back to work on Monday?